Sunday, May 3, 2015

Top 10 Reasons Why Dating Sucks

What can I say? Dating SUCKS! Times have changed and it seems like dating has turned into a bigger game than it used to be. I am not sure if it is my generation or how it is now the norm to find a date via the worldwide web or an app such as Tinder or Match.com. Is it me? Am I doing it wrong? Why does dating have to suck? Here are my top 10 reasons why dating sucks! Let me know if I missed anything.



1. The Awkward First Date: Why does it have to be awkward? We all know going in that we want to impress. Honestly I don't want to go to dinner and order a salad for the fear of stuffing my face too much. But we all go with the salad or the thing that won't get you messy. Who will pay? Do we split the bill? Do I grab my wallet with intentions on paying but hoping that HE is a MAN and he will pay?

2. The Actual Date: Where do we go? Why does it have to be so impressive? The craving of Mexican food but knowing it doesn't sit well most of the time. It would be awesome to skip all the 'firsts' and go straight to enjoying the company of one another.

3. The "What are we?" talk: So things are going good, you've been on a few dates. You want to know that you're the only one he has eyes for, BUT you don't want to be that girl who seems needy.

4. Did he Really Try to Kiss Me: WHAT THE HELL? A lady never kisses on the first date. Call me a prude all you want but I will make you work for what I have to offer.

5. Finding the Datable: It's not like it used to be. The normal is now scrolling through pictures, reading a little blurb about them and wondering if they just want your goodies. Basically what are their intentions?

6. The "What do you do for fun?"question: ERRMM really? Did you really just ask me that? I like to go on long walks at the beach while hearing you recite love poems.

7. The Games: Am I supposed to wait to respond three days after the date? WHY WHY WHY? Why is this a thing? I shouldn't be worried that you will think I am 'crazy' because I respond and show interest immediately. We are on a time clock here and I could be gone tomorrow. Waiting games SUCK.

8. I'm Just Not into You: This doesn't mean I am a bad person. I may not be as into World of Warcraft as you are and that is okay.

9. The "Oh Shit, What Did I Get Myself Into?": You know? The part where he tells you that he has four kids from all different ladies or that he is 32 and lives at home with his mama. Yet you just got started on the date.

10. The Awkward Ending of the Date; 
Me: "I had a great time with you tonight!"
Date: "Yes, I had such a lovely time"
Me: "I would love to see you again"
Date: "Me too!"
Walks into my house thinking am I really going to see him again? Did he really have fun or is he just being nice?
Me: "OMG I am terrible at this! Where is my fairy God Mother at when I need her?"

I absolutely hate these things about dating. Can you add to my top 10 reasons why dating sucks?

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you on a few of these. #2,5,6 and 7 are the ones I struggle was well. But please don't give up on all men or sale yourself short for he person that you truly know you are. It was nice reading all of your blog..... I am glad that you posted link.

    ReplyDelete