Sunday, May 10, 2015

Nobody Can Measure Up To Mr. Rick

I truly believe that no one is better than Mr. Rick, also known as my Dad. In my twenty-six years I have never seen him raise his voice. He is the type of man who doesn't fight. The kind of person who lives life to the fullest and nothing and I mean absolutely NOTHING can bring him down. Cancer? Nope he beat that like the champion he is. Fourth child having open heart surgery? Never did his strength waiver. Funny? Yes, I have to admit it. If he ever finds out that I wrote a post about him he will ask me who thought he was 'hot' from the picture that I have posted. Right now he is currently bringing up the memory of an ex of mine who threw his precious mason jars in the fire pit. (Stay tuned for that story it's the best one.)

My dad works hard everyday. He had a hernia once and went to work the very next day. I have seen him cry one time due to me being a hormonal teenage bitch a moment I wish I could erase. Once a week he gets an infusion to keep him healthy. Most people would use that as a way to get attention. He hates attention...unless it's a hot girl that is flirting with him. He won't let anything or anyone stop him from living. 

He raised my brothers and I to work hard for everything. For my Sweet Sixteen his birthday gift to me was a brand new 2005 Jeep Liberty. He handed me the keys and said, 'Happy Birthday, go get a job' and if I made the payments the car was mine. So the next day I began working at a horrible Chinese restaurant. At sixteen having a job to pay for my car seemed ridiculous. All of my hard earned money was going towards a car payment. Today I am thankful for that. I work hard for everything I have and I never ask for a handout. This is a top quality of mine I feel good about. 

If you ever get me on the topic of my dad I will talk your ear off. Proud and I ain't afraid to say that nobody will measure up to him. 





































No comments:

Post a Comment