Thursday, May 7, 2015

My 30 Day Hair Challenge

At one point in a girl's life you may hear her complain about her hair. You may hear such things like, 'it won't grow fast enough', 'I'm gonna chop it off!' or 'The weather is shit and I can't girl'. Genetically we are programmed to complain about things that we can't control. It is in our DNA.

Ladies, I don't know about you but I will never spend a crazy amount of money on my hair. I buy Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Shampoo and Conditioner. Sadly, the longest relationship I've ever had was with my conditioner. I blow dry, straighten and sometimes curl it if I'm feeling extra lady like. Don't ask me what my natural hair color is because I have colored it every color in the rainbow. Here lately I have not been coloring it because I don't want to keep up with the maintenance and Lord knows I have a long list of other things I need to get done, like swiping left or swiping right.

Here is the list of things I have tried to help keep it healthy.
  • Deep Conditioned (No complaints surprisingly)
  • Biotin (Didn't last long)
  • Cut it regularly myself (anything to save a penny)
  • Gone a few days without washing it (Whoever can do this I am jealous)
  • Coconut Oil (If you attempt this I suggest rinsing it out in the backyard)

In an effort to grow my hair, I am taking a 30 Day Hair Challenge. Over the next thirty days I will not blow dry, straighten, or curl my hair. I will simply let it air dry. Today was the first day.















































Over the next thirty days I hope to gain longer, stronger and beautiful hair. Maybe this will help me gain those qualities in a relationship. Are you up for my 30 day challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment