Friday, July 24, 2015

An Open Letter

One of life's biggest mysteries - why do parents abandon their children? Selfish, is the only thing I can come up with. I can remember this very distinctive feeling of guilt consume me for about a month when Logan was away with her dad and I had some adult time to myself. I felt so guilty for having fun without her. WHY!? She is being taken care of by her dad and he has just as much responsibility as I do. Something to do with being a mother, I assume. So how can some parents not care?

They could go weeks without communication, not knowing if the kid they made is dead. Mothers choose men over their children and it's fucking disgusting. Sadly, I have seen more abandonment from mothers. You carry the baby for 9 months, feel them kick, hiccup and move around - I cannot wrap my head around it.

So here is my open letter to all the moms that abandon their children.

Dear Moms,

I am sure you are dealing with your own demons and I am sorry for that. My only hope is that you can find the help you need before it's too late. Life isn't going to wait for you. It's time to recognize your faults, own them, and fix them. Stop bringing my family into your problems. I used to feel sorry for you, make excuses for you, lie for you, and defend you until I was blue in the face but now I will no longer do that. A part of me will always wish for you to be who I think you should be as a mom but it's seriously screwing with my head. Also, I haven't been given nearly enough credit to the mom that took the place of you for fear of hurting your feelings. (Shout out!) I feel that most children who have been abandoned hold on so tightly to the hope that they'll be magically rescued by the very person that left them. Fortunately, for myself, at 26 I can let it gooooo and be thankful I have a mother figure who I can share my ridiculousness with. In closing, I wish the best for you and pray that you will one day look back and accept the horrible mistakes you've made and then move forward and stop repeating these same mistakes.

Sincerely,

Your Daughter That Rose Above Your Bullshit


No comments:

Post a Comment